– Ngoc Tuan Surimi promotes social responsibility, workers welfare, promotion opportunities through education and training and equal rights between genders. Through the employment of 400 men and women, the company has largely contributed to the development of the the village of Cua Tung and te region of Quang Tri, among the less developed provinces of Vietnam. The company also participates in corporate sponsorship to support abandoned or orphan childs.
– Ngoc Tuan Surimi is environment friendly and promoted sustainability and conservation of the natural resources : the process developed by Surimi Tech minimizes water and energy consumption :
- The process using 4 washing and draining steps minimizes the use of water through the process of counter-current washing for the fish before and after cut. The surimi process uses the technique of cascade washing of the meat and the use of a small screw-press to better remove the dirty water entrapped in the meat before the second wash. The ratio of water/meat is only 6 to 8 m3/ton surimi while most tropical fish surimi use over 20 m3/ton.
- The process maximizes meat recovery through micro filtration of the waste water by nylon screens of 35 to 50 microns and micro particles of meat and the soluble protein in the waste water are also recovered through a new technology. The goal of the Chairman is to achieve water recirculation in the process in the near future. Besides reducing the amount of organic material into the waste water released from the factory, this maximizes the production for better utilization of the fish resource
- The consumption of electricity to process chilled water is also minimized using heat exchangers to cool down incoming fresh water by the factory effluent.
- The factory is using a CIP System (cleaning in place) with water/detergent recirculation and heating of the cleaning solution is done using solar power.
– Ngoc Tuan Surimi promotes resource management and sustainability of the fishery. Through the development of surimi production from alternative pelagic resources such as sardine, horse mackerel and flying fish, the surimi factory aims to minimize its impact on overfished resources such as sea bream and other demersal species while providing a stable income to the local artisanal fisheries. The company management is involved into programs that target to better know and manage the natural fish resource.